We applied Epoxy to the Cockpit sole this week and I learned a new skill. Taught by Toby at Cserve.
The Ballast is onboard thanks to Miles, Richard, and myself and the straps holding the exhaust have been fitted.
And today with the help of Toby [Cserve] the Cockpit Sole was finally in place.
This week we have had help from Steve, and have had a big clean up of the Bilges removing all the debris from paint removal etc; Before manhandling and dry fitting the Cockpit Sole boards into place, and they fitted first go. a big thank you to Chris and Harry at Cserve for their advice and teaching myself new skills.
This weeks works included, final loose fit of Samson Posts, pattern making and cutting of cockpit sole, unable to check if it fits as I was on my own.
The engine hatch was taken apart and cleaned of all loose paint and old glue, as the loose joints were making a bad fit, this will be re glued and squared up with the help of Harry [shipwright] next week.
I have removed the inner above front screen wood so as to get a pattern for the missing port side.
All other wooden parts have been sorted into relevant bundles and marked so no parts go missing.
A big thanks to those volunteers who helped this week to include Rose and Luke
Rose removing paint from WH roof
As you can see by the photo’s work is progressing nicely, The Samson posts are near to being finished and the Cockpit sole will be ready for fitting.
There has been progress on cleaning paint and old glue from the Wheel house roof so that we precede with the new cover, this has been achieved by help from David O, Neil S and Glynis.
The anode posts have been installed by Richard and David R.
The exhaust was fitted with help from Miles through to the Wheel house.
The Skeg Shoe is being modified.